Wednesday, February 24, 2010

First day of school!

Monday was the first day of school at University of Phoenix!

Mr needed a notebook and I needed a bottle of water since I was still coughing like crazy and I didn't want to deal with uncontrollable coughs in class. So we went to get him a notebook and I grabbed a bottle of Fiji water, cough drops and Red Vines then headed to class. We weren't late at all (thank goodness). The class was small, we had a total of 9 people in our class.

Our instructor seems really nice. She's not very serious so it made the class enjoyable. We got a lot of handouts, a lot of activities to start us talking, a few discussions, and we made our "working teams". 

Thankfully, Mr and I weren't the only married couple in the class, so that was nice to know! I felt a little left out from the people who had laptops and were able to turn in that day's assignment before even leaving the room. My laptop unfortunately has to be plugged in cause the battery is faulty.

We had a 20-25 minute "dinner" break. And they have this cute little cafe downstairs. The food took forever to get ready and all we ordered was a cup of soup and a bagel! So we were a bit late coming back but we were able to finish our dinner in class, so that was nice! Since our class was so small, we were broken up to 3 to a group. The married couples obviously had to stay together.

So far, I really enjoyed the first day of class, the four hours flew right by! I had so much fun that it didn't really feel like we were in class. But we did cover a lot. The first day left me excited for the next class and excited to start at this new school. It's nice feeling like you made the right choice in choosing a school that you're new to.

So, yeah, here's to our new journey through a new college together! I'm excited :).

No comments:

Post a Comment